Whether you’re a seasoned legal marketing or business development professional or you’re just starting your career, you owe it to yourself and your firm to reserve your place at the Legal Marketing Association Annual Conference. As the largest conference for legal marketers in the world, it’s sure to deliver knowledge and connections that help you do your job more effectively.
It will be held March 27 – 29, at the Aria Resort in Las Vegas. If you want to save money:
- Sign up by February 17 to take $100 off your registration fee.
- Book your hotel by March 3 to get a reduced rate.
Bring the entire team to take advantage of group rates, too.
“Marketing professionals at all levels should attend, from CMOs to coordinators. We have content targeted to everyone,” says Jill S. Weber, President of the Legal Marketing Association (LMA). “Plus, they can network with industry peers from around the country and across the globe.”
Here are a few more reasons to attend:
1. You will learn best practices.
You can expect two days of jam-packed with opportunities to learn and connect, thanks to more than 40 breakout sessions, ranging from tactical to strategic, and over 160 speakers. Below is a sampling of presentation titles, but be sure to download the brochure to see the complete agenda:
- Artificial Intelligence: Harnessing the Power of AI and Selling the Concept Internally
- Law Firm Economics: Making Sense of the Dollars and Cents
- Why Leadership Isn’t Enough: Change Management Secrets You Need to Know to Ensure Firm-wide Adoption of Your CRM Initiative
- The Legal Marketer as an Agent of Consequential Change: The Science and Art
- Harnessing Predictive Analytics to Drive Client Growth and Retention
- Using Signature Events to Attract New Business
“The LMA was founded on the importance of sharing leading practices among members,” says Jill. “The reason for that is that we all have similar challenges, but many people take different and very creative approaches to addressing them, for example, how to motivate partners and implement their business plans, or how to motivate staff to achieve business development initiatives.”
If you want to take your conference experience to the next level, take advantage of pre-conference programs that pinpoint key areas of interest depending on your role in the organization or law-firm size. It includes everything from a CMO summit for firm leaders to core competencies for those who are beginning their career.
2. You’ll attain knowledge and connections that are critical to professional success.
The conference is structured around the LMA’s Body of Knowledge and will give attendees a jump start in mastering them.
“This body of knowledge is a foundational resource that defines core skills necessary for legal marketing and business development professionals to be successful,” says Jill.
Every session at the conference will focus on one of these core competencies:
- Business Development which drives new business and revenue for law firms – both directly and indirectly – through client and prospect outreach, attorney coaching and mentoring, and market intelligence.
- Business of Law which includes understanding the legal profession, evaluating firm financial and operational performance, building strategies to leverage market opportunities and implementing practices that maximize performance.
- Client Services which consists of techniques, processes and standards by which professional staff serve the lawyers in the firm and the clients of the firm, including the disciplines of project management and process improvement.
- Communications which entails developing and implementing internal and external messaging strategies to broaden the impact of a firm’s programs and brand position.
- Marketing Management and Leadership which establishes and effectively manages a highly functioning marketing organization through people and processes that foster collaboration and drive overall business objectives.
- Technology Management which includes identification, implementation and effective management of the technologies and staff that support marketing and business development.
“One of the real benefits is that you get to learn on site. You’re going to hear from experts who are all together in one place. But then you’ll also network. You’ll have access to people with whom you can follow up all year round, so this isn’t a one-and-done event,” says Jill.
Jill points out that if you are an LMA member, the conference is just the beginning of educational opportunities since the LMA offers an abundance of online and regional programming throughout the year.
3. You’ll efficiently identify services to help you achieve your goals.
Beyond networking and education, the conference can help you save time identifying services to help you achieve your business development and marketing objectives. The conference’s exhibit hall will feature more than 60 companies that can provide the gamut of services. And, you can talk to peers who have worked with these providers in the past to make sure they are a good fit for your particular needs.
“The exhibit hall is really a wonderful resource because you have so many service providers in one place, prepared to provide demonstrations and have discussions,” says Jill. “It’s really a cost-efficient way to meet with all of them face to face.”
Ready to get away to Las Vegas for a couple of days to advance your career? Find out more about the conference, and when you get there, be sure to visit me at the Introhive booth in the Exhibit Hall (booth #420). I’d love to meet you.