When we think of architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC), many of us think of the large-scale structures that make up our cities: bridges, buildings, roadways. By building the structures in which we live and work, the AEC sector has an impact on virtually everything we do.
The AEC sector employs about 7 percent of the world’s working population. In 2016 alone, the top 15 AEC companies made a total revenue of $125 billion. Each year, approximately $10 trillion is spent globally on construction-related projects — equivalent to 13 percent GDP — making construction one of the largest sectors of our global economy.
As the global economy shifts to accommodate changes in the way we do business, it’s never been more important for AEC firms to adopt new digital technologies and methodologies to remain competitive in this changing market.
Winning work can begin up to five years before a project is brought to market, meaning your firm needs to constantly be seeking new projects. But with so many firms to compete with, how do you differentiate yourself and win jobs? With the right tools in place, your firm could be building relationships long before opportunities arise, helping you to secure wins through exceptional relationship management and client care.
Key Indicators of Successful Firms
As competition in the AEC sector becomes tighter, firms are shifting their focus and investing in both cultural and technological transformation. A few ways they’re differentiating themselves:
- Transitioning their approach from project-focused to client-centric
- Fostering collaborative cultures
- Enabling productivity and growth through technology adoption
The AEC industry is quickly moving to incorporate game-changing technologies into operations that increase safety, reduce operational costs, provide innovative solutions for customers, and find competitive advantages with real-time insights that can change project outcomes (Deloitte). With a global focus on sustainability and environmental awareness, these technologies have become even more important. The adoption of new technology can not only dramatically improve your day-to-day operations — it can create viable opportunities for new business.
Client-Focused Tech Adoption
Adopting new technology doesn’t mean sacrificing your customer service! In fact, it can mean just the opposite.
The vast majority of firms have already adopted digital technologies that support projects through technical workflow transformation, but few have considered technology for relationship management. For a relationship-driven industry, this creates problems that compound over time and lead to missed opportunities.
Adopting Introhive as part of your digital transformation can help bridge the gap between common challenges and your firm’s future success.
Common AEC Firm Digital Adoption Challenges
Though most AEC firms can agree that managing relationships is crucial, the adoption of technologies to bolster relationship intelligence. Many firms hold onto the traditional mentality of technology not being an effective tool in a construction-based environment, and any data management strategies are relegated to moving projects forward instead of focusing on client care.
When AEC firms are utilizing relationship management technology, there is usually a small number of CRM users relative to the size of the organization — not to mention a lack of integration within their systems in place.
Introhive can help bridge the gap between these AEC firm digital adoption challenges and your organization’s future success on multiple levels:
- Relationships are the bloodline of AEC, yet there is no visibility into who knows who or how well. Introhive can help you develop a firmwide awareness of relationship intelligence to accelerate and improve the likelihood of business development success.
- Service lines often operate in silos, competing internally instead of working together. Introhive enables improved collaboration across the firm to allow you to win more bids, optimize project management and lower supplier costs.
- AEC is an extremely competitive industry with low margins and sky-high client expectations. If you can’t compete on price, differentiate by providing the best possible client experience. Introhive provides unparalleled relationship intelligence that gives you the opportunity to take your customer service to the next level.
- Disparate, untracked data and low CRM adoption means your database is rife with errors, underutilized, and untrustworthy. Remove the friction of data entry through Introhive’s CRM automation to centralize client data to drive CRM adoption, gain a 360-degree view of organizational relationship capital, and infuse relationship data into your overall business strategy.
When your industry is run on strong relationships, why not invest in them? Create a positive, memorable experience for your clients and differentiate yourself from the crowd. Money may talk, but customer service is the true foundation of any successful construction project. Invest in your relationship capital with Introhive’s intuitive relationship intelligence automation platform.
Ready to see how Introhive can facilitate your AEC firm digital transformation and help you win big? Request a demo today to see it in action.