At Introhive we love context. So much of what our platform runs on is context. It’s what makes insights delivered to our users extra valuable to them. So it would come as no surprise that I love Robert Scoble’s and Shel Israel’s latest collaborative masterpiece, Age of Context: Mobile, Sensors, Data and the Future of Privacy There are many reasons why I love this book. Here are a few of them:
- Great framework setup: The book outlines the 5 key forces every entrepreneur should be reckoning with. They get it out of the way right at the beginning of the book. This is just smart.
- Threading it together: Once the framework is set, the rest of the book is spent diving deep on products, trends and themes that make it real for the reader. Yes, the last two thirds of the book give the reader lots of “context”. Yes, there I said it. 🙂
- Real bleeding-edge examples: I love how many great new products and companies were covered in this book. I mean think about it, who better than Scoble to tell you what’s just around the corner. The guy has a constant line of startups a mile long dying to tell him about their latest, coolest thing. I found myself bouncing like a pinball from one awesome company or product to the next in this book. I loved it.
- They’re not afraid to have an opinion: If you know both Israel and Scoble, this should not be a surprise. Sure they present a lot of facts but when an opinion on what they see begs to be said they don’t disappoint. It’s great to get a balance of objective and subjective in this book.
- Wit and a sense of humor: This book is easy to read in part due to the comfortable style in which it engages the reader. You definitely get lots of dry wit and humor throughout, something that Shel can’t help but let shine through. It feels a bit like you are having a conversation with a friend. This book reads like a great magazine article that you can’t wait to share with your buddies.
This is one fine book that’s written by two smart and fine gentlemen. I hope you’ll love it as much as I did.e: Bottom linIf you are an entrepreneur or budding entrepreneur then get this book. The thinking and examples are going to be food for your creative soul. If you’re a student about to head into the world of business then read this book because its going to give you a perfect snapshot of what’s possible and will inspire you to become part of it. And if you are a technology junkie then get this book because the amount of cool concepts and products packed into this book will rain on you like a Gatling gun.
I believe the book becomes available for purchase or download starting sometime next week. Watch for it.